Lock Folder XP is a new security tool that lets you lock your files, folders and drives with your personal password. Now nobody but you can access your most sensitive information. Locking folders, files and drives also effectively protects you from malicious programs, such as viruses, worms and trojans. Here is how Lock Folder XP works - all you have to do is to drag file or folder you want to lock to Lock Folder XP window, and the rest is done automatically. Now your data is protected, hidden and can not be accessed without entering your personal password. It is critical to have effective protection from unauthorized access, since over 80% of reported security breaches come from within the organization, not hackers! Locking files, folders and drives is the best way to guarantee that nobody accidentally or intentionally gets access to your financial, health, private or confidential information. And since locking your files, folders or drives makes them invisible, they can not be deleted, damaged or harmed in any other ways. Even if a virus gets introduced to your system, your locked folders will not be detected, infected or harmed. This and others innovative and reliable technologies provide the safest way to store your information well protected against hacker attacks, malicious software and dishonest employees. But don't think that Lock Folder XP can only be used in the corporate environment - this application is perfect for home as well. We also advise you get Lock Folder XP if you have a laptop and travel frequently. After all, if your notebook gets lost or stolen, you don't want strangers to see your financial data, credit card or social security numbers. Lock Folder XP is distributed electronically over the Internet. Free trial version is available for download. Retail price is only $24.95
» version 3.9.2 - posted on 2012-07-26
Updated the program engine with current fixes.
» version 3.4 - posted on 2004-08-18
- Automatic protection activation after set idle time.
- Added new commands to Windows Explorer for instant folder hiding.
- Expanded tray icon functions. Tray icon visibility can now be managed with hotkeys.
EULA - End User License Agreement
1. This Software License Agreement (the "Agreement") is a legal agreement between you, the end-user ("Licensee"), and Authors of this software ("Authors"). By using this software ("Lock Folder XP") or storing it on a computer hard drive (or other type of media), you agree to be bound by the terms of this Agreement.
2. Lock Folder XP IS DISTRIBUTED "AS IS". NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND IS EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. YOU USE Lock Folder XP AT YOUR OWN RISK. Everstrike Software hereby disclaims all warranties and guarantees regarding the use, or the results of use, of Lock Folder XP in terms of correctness, accuracy, reliability or otherwise. Everstrike Software will not be responsible for any incidental, consequential, direct or indirect damages, including but not limited to damages for loss of profits, business interruption and loss of information resulting from the correct or otherwise use of Lock Folder XP even if Everstrike Software has been advised of the possibility of such damages. By installing Lock Folder XP you acknowledge that you have read this disclaimer, understood it, and you agree to be bound by its terms and conditions. You also agree that the disclaimer is the complete and exclusive statement of agreement between the parties and supersede all proposals or prior agreements, oral or written, and any other communications between the parties relating to the subject matter of the disclaimer.
3. All copyrights to "Lock Folder XP" are exclusively owned by the authors - Everstrike Software.
4. You are welcome to test the trial version of the program for 30 days. These 30 days do not have to be continuous calendar dates. If you don't run Lock Folder XP on a particular date, it doesn't count against your 30 days. This gives you plenty of time to try out the program on your own system. After you tested the trial version you are required to license this product and discontinue use of the trial version. Only the trial version of Lock Folder XP may be distributed freely on online services, bulletin boards, or other electronic media as long as the files are distributed in their entirety.
5. After purchasing, Everstrike Software grants you a non-exclusive license to use one copy of the software, on one computer, and make one copy of it for archival purposes. For purposes of this section, "use" means loading the software into RAM, as well as installation on a hard disk or other storage device. You may access the software from a hard disk, or any other method you choose, so long as you otherwise comply with this agreement. You may not install the licensed version of the software onto a network server or in any other way make it available to more than one user at a time unless you have arranged in advance for a multi-user license; make copies of the software other than one backup copy solely for archival purposes; sell, furnish, transmit, or give away the software such that the software is exploited in a commercial way; or sublicense, rent, lease, or otherwise market the software. You may permanently transfer the software to another owner only by providing written notice of such transfer to Everstrike Software.
6. You may not alter this software in any way, including emulate, clone, rent, lease, sell, modify, decompile, disassemble, changing or removing any messages or windows, otherwise reverse engineer, or transfer the licensed program, or any subset of the licensed program, except as provided for in this agreement. Any such unauthorized use shall result in immediate and automatic termination of this license and may result in severe criminal and/or civil prosecution.
7. An upgrade replaces a previous version. It does not provide an additional license. When upgrading you must cease using the previous version, and also ensure that it is not used by anybody else.
8. All rights not expressly granted here are reserved by the Authors.
9. The terms of this license, as well as the Lock Folder XP interface design, documentation, and coding are subjects of changes in future versions of Lock Folder XP without any prior notice.
10. Installing and using Lock Folder XP signifies acceptance of these terms and conditions of the license. If you do not agree with the terms of this license you must remove Lock Folder XP files from your storage devices and cease to use the product.